Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 01:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 01:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.32 meters/second, 1567.1 km/hour, 973.8 miles/hour or 846.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.23 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 21.6"||973.69 mi||west||0° 09' 39.3"||11.06 mi||north||974.08 mi|
|24 hours||12° 15' 32.0"||824.79 mi||east||4° 06' 23.2"||282.28 mi||north||877.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 3:56 PM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:26 PM||1292 km||803 miles||698 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 3:26 PM||1995 km||1240 miles||1077 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:26 PM||2751 km||1709 miles||1485 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:26 PM||3127 km||1943 miles||1688 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:26 PM||3323 km||2065 miles||1794 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 2:26 PM||4151 km||2579 miles||2241 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 3:26 PM||4358 km||2708 miles||2353 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 2:26 PM||4362 km||2710 miles||2355 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 2:26 PM||4714 km||2929 miles||2545 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.