Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 1:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 01:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.48 meters/second, 1567.7 km/hour, 974.1 miles/hour or 846.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.18 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 24.3"||973.99 mi||West||0° 09' 41.1"||11.10 mi||North||974.37 mi|
|24 hours||12° 14' 34.2"||823.91 mi||East||4° 06' 56.7"||282.90 mi||North||877.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 4:26 PM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Sun 3:56 PM||1282 km||796 miles||692 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:56 PM||1559 km||969 miles||842 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:56 PM||2429 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:56 PM||2685 km||1669 miles||1450 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:56 PM||3383 km||2102 miles||1827 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sun 2:56 PM||3422 km||2126 miles||1848 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 2:56 PM||3604 km||2240 miles||1946 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 3:56 PM||3608 km||2242 miles||1948 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 2:56 PM||3995 km||2483 miles||2157 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.