Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 2:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 02:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.53 meters/second, 1567.9 km/hour, 974.3 miles/hour or 846.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.18 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 25.1"||974.11 mi||West||0° 09' 41.7"||11.11 mi||North||974.50 mi|
|24 hours||12° 14' 14.1"||823.63 mi||East||4° 07' 08.3"||283.11 mi||North||876.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 4:36 PM||503 km||313 miles||272 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Sun 4:06 PM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:06 PM||1716 km||1066 miles||927 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:06 PM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:06 PM||2482 km||1542 miles||1340 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:06 PM||3170 km||1970 miles||1712 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:06 PM||3343 km||2077 miles||1805 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:06 PM||3348 km||2080 miles||1808 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:06 PM||3610 km||2243 miles||1949 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:06 PM||3748 km||2329 miles||2024 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.