Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 02:06:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 02:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.53 meters/second, 1567.9 km/hour, 974.3 miles/hour or 846.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.24 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.18 mi||north||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 25.1"||974.11 mi||west||0° 09' 41.7"||11.11 mi||north||974.50 mi|
|24 hours||12° 14' 14.1"||823.63 mi||east||4° 07' 08.3"||283.11 mi||north||876.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 4:36 PM||503 km||313 miles||272 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Sun 4:06 PM||1046 km||650 miles||565 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:06 PM||1716 km||1066 miles||927 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:06 PM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:06 PM||2482 km||1542 miles||1340 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:06 PM||3170 km||1970 miles||1712 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:06 PM||3347 km||2079 miles||1807 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:06 PM||3348 km||2080 miles||1808 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:06 PM||3610 km||2243 miles||1949 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:06 PM||3748 km||2329 miles||2024 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.