Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 2:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 02:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.59 meters/second, 1568.1 km/hour, 974.4 miles/hour or 846.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.18 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 26.0"||974.24 mi||West||0° 09' 42.3"||11.12 mi||North||974.62 mi|
|24 hours||12° 13' 54.2"||823.35 mi||East||4° 07' 19.7"||283.33 mi||North||876.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 4:46 PM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Sun 4:16 PM||823 km||512 miles||444 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:16 PM||1893 km||1177 miles||1022 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:16 PM||1962 km||1219 miles||1060 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:16 PM||2291 km||1424 miles||1237 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:16 PM||2920 km||1814 miles||1576 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:16 PM||3083 km||1915 miles||1664 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:16 PM||3087 km||1918 miles||1667 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:16 PM||3501 km||2175 miles||1890 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:16 PM||3839 km||2386 miles||2073 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.