Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 02:16:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 02:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.60 meters/second, 1568.1 km/hour, 974.4 miles/hour or 846.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.24 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.18 mi||north||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 26.2"||974.32 mi||west||0° 09' 42.3"||11.12 mi||north||974.71 mi|
|24 hours||12° 13' 52.0"||823.38 mi||east||4° 07' 20.9"||283.38 mi||north||876.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 4:46 PM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Sun 4:16 PM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:16 PM||1914 km||1189 miles||1034 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:16 PM||1937 km||1204 miles||1046 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:16 PM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:16 PM||2891 km||1797 miles||1561 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:16 PM||3057 km||1899 miles||1651 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:16 PM||3058 km||1900 miles||1651 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:16 PM||3473 km||2158 miles||1875 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 9:16 PM||3865 km||2402 miles||2087 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.