Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 02:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 02:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.69 meters/second, 1568.5 km/hour, 974.6 miles/hour or 846.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.24 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 27.6"||974.52 mi||west||0° 09' 43.4"||11.14 mi||north||974.91 mi|
|24 hours||12° 13' 20.2"||822.93 mi||east||4° 07' 39.1"||283.72 mi||north||876.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 4:32 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||SSW|
|Taiohae||Sun 5:02 PM||981 km||609 miles||529 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:32 PM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:32 PM||2005 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:32 PM||2231 km||1386 miles||1205 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sun 3:32 PM||2493 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:32 PM||2640 km||1641 miles||1426 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:32 PM||2642 km||1641 miles||1426 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:32 PM||3081 km||1914 miles||1663 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 2:32 PM||3541 km||2200 miles||1912 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.