Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 2:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 02:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.68 meters/second, 1568.4 km/hour, 974.6 miles/hour or 846.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 27.5"||974.44 mi||West||0° 09' 43.4"||11.14 mi||North||974.82 mi|
|24 hours||12° 13' 22.4"||822.90 mi||East||4° 07' 38.0"||283.68 mi||North||876.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 4:32 PM||540 km||335 miles||291 nm||SSW|
|Taiohae||Sun 5:02 PM||955 km||593 miles||516 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:32 PM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:32 PM||2022 km||1256 miles||1092 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sun 6:32 PM||2208 km||1372 miles||1192 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sun 3:32 PM||2521 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:32 PM||2666 km||1657 miles||1440 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 4:32 PM||2671 km||1659 miles||1442 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:32 PM||3108 km||1931 miles||1678 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 2:32 PM||3568 km||2217 miles||1927 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.