Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 3:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 03:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.87 meters/second, 1569.1 km/hour, 975.0 miles/hour or 847.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 30.5"||974.86 mi||West||0° 09' 45.4"||11.18 mi||North||975.25 mi|
|24 hours||12° 12' 14.8"||821.95 mi||East||4° 08' 16.3"||284.41 mi||North||875.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 5:06 PM||780 km||485 miles||421 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:06 PM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:06 PM||1681 km||1044 miles||908 nm||N|
|Alofi||Sun 4:06 PM||1692 km||1052 miles||914 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 5:06 PM||1785 km||1109 miles||964 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:06 PM||1787 km||1111 miles||965 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:06 PM||2290 km||1423 miles||1236 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 3:06 PM||2767 km||1719 miles||1494 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Mon 3:06 PM||2835 km||1762 miles||1531 nm||W|
|Suva *||Mon 4:06 PM||2867 km||1782 miles||1548 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.