Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 3:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 03:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.01 meters/second, 1569.6 km/hour, 975.3 miles/hour or 847.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 32.8"||975.18 mi||West||0° 09' 47.0"||11.21 mi||North||975.57 mi|
|24 hours||12° 11' 23.5"||821.22 mi||East||4° 08' 45.2"||284.96 mi||North||875.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:32 PM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Sun 4:32 PM||997 km||619 miles||538 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 5:32 PM||1107 km||688 miles||598 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sun 4:32 PM||1108 km||689 miles||598 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:32 PM||1131 km||703 miles||611 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Sun 5:32 PM||1378 km||856 miles||744 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:32 PM||1699 km||1055 miles||917 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:32 PM||1723 km||1070 miles||930 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Mon 3:32 PM||2163 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 3:32 PM||2209 km||1372 miles||1192 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.