Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 06:06:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 06:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.86 meters/second, 1572.7 km/hour, 977.2 miles/hour or 849.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.29 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 46.8"||977.10 mi||west||0° 09' 56.1"||11.38 mi||north||977.48 mi|
|24 hours||12° 06' 21.1"||816.94 mi||east||4° 11' 31.1"||288.12 mi||north||871.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Mon 5:06 PM||379 km||236 miles||205 nm||NNW|
|Gizo||Mon 5:06 PM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||NW|
|Luganville||Mon 5:06 PM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||ESE|
|Arawa||Mon 4:06 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||NW|
|Port Vila||Mon 5:06 PM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||SE|
|Noumea||Mon 5:06 PM||1206 km||749 miles||651 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Mon 6:06 PM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 4:06 PM||1552 km||964 miles||838 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Mon 4:06 PM||1704 km||1059 miles||920 nm||WSW|
|Brisbane||Mon 4:06 PM||1834 km||1140 miles||990 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.