Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 6:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 06:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.91 meters/second, 1572.9 km/hour, 977.3 miles/hour or 849.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 47.5"||977.20 mi||West||0° 09' 56.5"||11.39 mi||North||977.59 mi|
|24 hours||12° 06' 04.0"||816.70 mi||East||4° 11' 40.1"||288.29 mi||North||871.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Mon 5:16 PM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Mon 5:16 PM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||NNW|
|Arawa||Mon 4:16 PM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||NNW|
|Luganville||Mon 5:16 PM||951 km||591 miles||513 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Mon 5:16 PM||1160 km||721 miles||626 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 4:16 PM||1324 km||823 miles||715 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Mon 5:16 PM||1332 km||828 miles||719 nm||SE|
|Cairns||Mon 4:16 PM||1485 km||922 miles||802 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Mon 6:16 PM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||NE|
|Brisbane||Mon 4:16 PM||1747 km||1086 miles||943 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.