Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.96 meters/second, 1573.1 km/hour, 977.5 miles/hour or 849.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.29 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 48.3"||977.32 mi||west||0° 09' 57.2"||11.40 mi||north||977.70 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 46.5"||816.45 mi||east||4° 11' 49.5"||288.47 mi||north||871.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gizo||Mon 5:24 PM||503 km||313 miles||272 nm||N|
|Honiara||Mon 5:24 PM||506 km||315 miles||273 nm||NE|
|Arawa||Mon 4:24 PM||720 km||448 miles||389 nm||N|
|Buka||Mon 4:24 PM||828 km||514 miles||447 nm||NNW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 4:24 PM||1094 km||680 miles||591 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Mon 4:24 PM||1263 km||785 miles||682 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Mon 5:24 PM||1372 km||853 miles||741 nm||ESE|
|Brisbane||Mon 4:24 PM||1684 km||1046 miles||909 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Mon 6:24 PM||1754 km||1090 miles||947 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Mon 3:24 PM||2084 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.