Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 6:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 06:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.13 meters/second, 1573.7 km/hour, 977.8 miles/hour or 849.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 51.0"||977.69 mi||West||0° 09' 58.8"||11.44 mi||North||978.07 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 47.4"||815.62 mi||East||4° 12' 20.8"||289.07 mi||North||870.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Mon 4:56 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Mon 4:56 PM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||SW|
|Lae||Mon 4:56 PM||690 km||428 miles||372 nm||NNW|
|Mount Hagen||Mon 4:56 PM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||NW|
|Gizo||Mon 5:56 PM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||ENE|
|Arawa||Mon 4:56 PM||989 km||615 miles||534 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Mon 5:56 PM||1224 km||761 miles||661 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Mon 3:56 PM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||NW|
|Brisbane||Mon 4:56 PM||1697 km||1055 miles||916 nm||SSE|
|Darwin||Mon 4:26 PM||1996 km||1240 miles||1078 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.