Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 7:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 07:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.18 meters/second, 1573.9 km/hour, 978.0 miles/hour or 849.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 52.0"||977.81 mi||West||0° 09' 59.5"||11.45 mi||North||978.19 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 28.3"||815.35 mi||East||4° 12' 30.9"||289.26 mi||North||870.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Mon 5:06 PM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||N|
|Cairns||Mon 5:06 PM||497 km||309 miles||269 nm||SSW|
|Lae||Mon 5:06 PM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||N|
|Mount Hagen||Mon 5:06 PM||791 km||491 miles||427 nm||NNW|
|Jayapura||Mon 4:06 PM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Mon 6:06 PM||1478 km||919 miles||798 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Mon 4:36 PM||1734 km||1077 miles||936 nm||W|
|Brisbane||Mon 5:06 PM||1776 km||1104 miles||959 nm||SSE|
|Alice Springs||Mon 4:36 PM||1840 km||1143 miles||994 nm||SW|
|Manokwari||Mon 4:06 PM||1908 km||1186 miles||1030 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.