Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 7:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 07:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.29 meters/second, 1574.3 km/hour, 978.2 miles/hour or 850.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 53.6"||978.05 mi||West||0° 10' 00.6"||11.47 mi||North||978.44 mi|
|24 hours||12° 03' 50.3"||814.81 mi||East||4° 12' 50.9"||289.64 mi||North||870.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weipa||Mon 5:26 PM||22 km||14 miles||12 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Mon 5:26 PM||640 km||398 miles||345 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 5:26 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||ENE|
|Mount Hagen||Mon 5:26 PM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||NNE|
|Lae||Mon 5:26 PM||841 km||523 miles||454 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Mon 4:26 PM||1109 km||689 miles||599 nm||N|
|Darwin||Mon 4:56 PM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Mon 4:56 PM||1507 km||936 miles||814 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Mon 4:26 PM||1553 km||965 miles||839 nm||NW|
|Dili||Mon 4:26 PM||1845 km||1147 miles||996 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.