Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 07:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 07:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.30 meters/second, 1574.3 km/hour, 978.2 miles/hour or 850.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.30 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||north||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 53.7"||978.14 mi||west||0° 10' 00.6"||11.47 mi||north||978.52 mi|
|24 hours||12° 03' 48.2"||814.83 mi||east||4° 12' 52.1"||289.68 mi||north||870.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Mon 5:26 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 5:26 PM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||ENE|
|Lae||Mon 5:26 PM||860 km||535 miles||465 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Mon 4:26 PM||1105 km||687 miles||597 nm||N|
|Darwin||Mon 4:56 PM||1180 km||733 miles||637 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Mon 4:56 PM||1492 km||927 miles||806 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Mon 4:26 PM||1536 km||955 miles||830 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Mon 4:26 PM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Mon 6:26 PM||2023 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Mon 5:26 PM||2037 km||1265 miles||1100 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.