Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 8:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 08:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 437.51 meters/second, 1575.0 kilometres/hour, 978.7 miles/hour or 850.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 57.1"||978.54 mi||West||0° 10' 02.8"||11.51 mi||North||978.92 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 34.5"||813.73 mi||East||4° 13' 30.4"||290.39 mi||North||869.46 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Mon 5:36 PM||160 km||100 miles||87 nm||W|
|Katherine||Mon 5:36 PM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||S|
|Baucau||Mon 5:06 PM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||WNW|
|Same||Mon 5:06 PM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||WNW|
|Tennant Creek||Mon 5:36 PM||830 km||516 miles||448 nm||SSE|
|Suai||Mon 5:06 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||WNW|
|Dili||Mon 5:06 PM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||WNW|
|Kupang||Mon 4:06 PM||984 km||611 miles||531 nm||WNW|
|Alice Springs||Mon 5:36 PM||1265 km||786 miles||683 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Mon 5:06 PM||1287 km||800 miles||695 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.