Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 8:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 08:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.56 meters/second, 1575.2 km/hour, 978.8 miles/hour or 850.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 58.1"||978.66 mi||West||0° 10' 03.3"||11.52 mi||North||979.04 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 15.5"||813.46 mi||East||4° 13' 40.2"||290.58 mi||North||869.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Mon 5:46 PM||103 km||64 miles||56 nm||E|
|Baucau||Mon 5:16 PM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||NW|
|Same||Mon 5:16 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||NW|
|Suai||Mon 5:16 PM||608 km||378 miles||329 nm||WNW|
|Dili||Mon 5:16 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||NW|
|Kupang||Mon 4:16 PM||731 km||454 miles||395 nm||WNW|
|Tennant Creek||Mon 5:46 PM||929 km||578 miles||502 nm||SSE|
|Ambon||Mon 5:16 PM||975 km||606 miles||526 nm||NNW|
|Ende||Mon 4:16 PM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||WNW|
|Kendari||Mon 4:16 PM||1231 km||765 miles||665 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.