Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 8:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 08:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.65 meters/second, 1575.5 km/hour, 979.0 miles/hour or 850.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 59.5"||978.85 mi||West||0° 10' 04.2"||11.54 mi||North||979.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 01' 45.5"||813.03 mi||East||4° 13' 55.6"||290.87 mi||North||868.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Suai||Mon 5:32 PM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Mon 4:32 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||NW|
|Same||Mon 5:32 PM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||N|
|Dili||Mon 5:32 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||N|
|Baucau||Mon 5:32 PM||427 km||265 miles||230 nm||N|
|Darwin||Mon 6:02 PM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||E|
|Ende||Mon 4:32 PM||614 km||382 miles||332 nm||NW|
|Raba||Mon 4:32 PM||912 km||567 miles||493 nm||WNW|
|Ambon||Mon 5:32 PM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||NNE|
|Kendari||Mon 4:32 PM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.