Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 9:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 09:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.83 meters/second, 1576.2 km/hour, 979.4 miles/hour or 851.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 02.4"||979.26 mi||West||0° 10' 06.0"||11.57 mi||North||979.64 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 41.7"||812.13 mi||East||4° 14' 28.1"||291.49 mi||North||868.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Raba||Mon 5:06 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||NNE|
|Mataram||Mon 5:06 PM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||NNW|
|Denpasar||Mon 5:06 PM||486 km||302 miles||262 nm||NW|
|Singaraja||Mon 5:06 PM||544 km||338 miles||293 nm||NNW|
|Ende||Mon 5:06 PM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||NE|
|Kupang||Mon 5:06 PM||668 km||415 miles||360 nm||ENE|
|Malang||Mon 4:06 PM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||NW|
|Surabaya||Mon 4:06 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Mon 5:06 PM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||NNE|
|Suai||Mon 6:06 PM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.