Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 6:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 18:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.83 meters/second, 1587.0 km/hour, 986.1 miles/hour or 856.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 51.4"||986.00 mi||West||0° 10' 33.8"||12.10 mi||North||986.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 16.2"||797.19 mi||East||4° 22' 29.0"||300.64 mi||North||856.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Mon 3:56 PM||1158 km||719 miles||625 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Mon 3:56 PM||1531 km||952 miles||827 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 3:56 PM||1705 km||1059 miles||920 nm||WNW|
|Jamestown||Mon 6:56 PM||2137 km||1328 miles||1154 nm||ESE|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 4:56 PM||2404 km||1494 miles||1298 nm||SW|
|Monrovia||Mon 6:56 PM||2412 km||1499 miles||1303 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Mon 6:56 PM||2453 km||1524 miles||1324 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Mon 6:56 PM||2524 km||1568 miles||1363 nm||NNE|
|Brasilia *||Mon 4:56 PM||2583 km||1605 miles||1395 nm||WSW|
|Bissau||Mon 6:56 PM||2670 km||1659 miles||1442 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.