Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 19:06:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 19:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.88 meters/second, 1587.2 km/hour, 986.2 miles/hour or 857.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.44 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 52.3"||986.11 mi||west||0° 10' 34.2"||12.11 mi||north||986.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 59.4"||796.95 mi||east||4° 22' 35.8"||300.77 mi||north||856.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Mon 4:06 PM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||WNW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Mon 5:06 PM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Mon 4:06 PM||1274 km||792 miles||688 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 4:06 PM||1473 km||915 miles||795 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 5:06 PM||2201 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||SW|
|Brasilia *||Mon 5:06 PM||2330 km||1448 miles||1258 nm||WSW|
|Jamestown||Mon 7:06 PM||2390 km||1485 miles||1290 nm||ESE|
|São Paulo *||Mon 5:06 PM||2531 km||1573 miles||1367 nm||SW|
|Belém||Mon 4:06 PM||2570 km||1597 miles||1388 nm||WNW|
|Monrovia||Mon 7:06 PM||2589 km||1609 miles||1398 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.