Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 19:16:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 19:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.94 meters/second, 1587.4 km/hour, 986.3 miles/hour or 857.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.44 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 53.2"||986.30 mi||west||0° 10' 34.7"||12.12 mi||north||986.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 41.0"||796.74 mi||east||4° 22' 43.5"||300.94 mi||north||856.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Mon 4:16 PM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||WNW|
|Maceió||Mon 4:16 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||W|
|Fernando de Noronha||Mon 5:16 PM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Mon 4:16 PM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 4:16 PM||1224 km||761 miles||661 nm||NW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 5:16 PM||1990 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||SW|
|Brasilia *||Mon 5:16 PM||2051 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Mon 4:16 PM||2298 km||1428 miles||1241 nm||WNW|
|São Paulo *||Mon 5:16 PM||2306 km||1433 miles||1245 nm||SW|
|Jamestown||Mon 7:16 PM||2673 km||1661 miles||1443 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.