Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 7:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 19:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.98 meters/second, 1587.5 km/hour, 986.4 miles/hour or 857.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 53.8"||986.33 mi||West||0° 10' 35.0"||12.12 mi||North||986.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 26.2"||796.48 mi||East||4° 22' 49.3"||301.03 mi||North||855.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Mon 4:26 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||NW|
|Maceió||Mon 4:26 PM||429 km||266 miles||231 nm||WNW|
|Natal||Mon 4:26 PM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||NW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Mon 5:26 PM||729 km||453 miles||394 nm||N|
|Salvador||Mon 4:26 PM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 4:26 PM||1040 km||646 miles||562 nm||NW|
|Brasilia *||Mon 5:26 PM||1831 km||1138 miles||989 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 5:26 PM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||SW|
|Belém||Mon 4:26 PM||2084 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||WNW|
|São Paulo *||Mon 5:26 PM||2134 km||1326 miles||1153 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.