Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 20:16:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 20:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.22 meters/second, 1588.4 km/hour, 987.0 miles/hour or 857.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.45 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 57.9"||986.86 mi||west||0° 10' 36.9"||12.16 mi||north||987.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 03.6"||795.29 mi||east||4° 23' 22.5"||301.66 mi||north||854.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barreiras||Mon 5:16 PM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||SSW|
|Salvador||Mon 5:16 PM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||ESE|
|Brasilia *||Mon 6:16 PM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 5:16 PM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||NE|
|Recife||Mon 5:16 PM||1029 km||639 miles||556 nm||ENE|
|Belém||Mon 5:16 PM||1096 km||681 miles||592 nm||NNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 6:16 PM||1407 km||874 miles||760 nm||S|
|São Paulo *||Mon 6:16 PM||1497 km||930 miles||809 nm||S|
|Cayenne||Mon 5:16 PM||1920 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||NNW|
|Manaus||Mon 4:16 PM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.