Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 8:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 20:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.22 meters/second, 1588.4 km/hour, 987.0 miles/hour or 857.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 57.9"||986.86 mi||West||0° 10' 36.9"||12.16 mi||North||987.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 03.6"||795.29 mi||East||4° 23' 22.5"||301.66 mi||North||854.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barreiras||Mon 5:16 PM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||SSW|
|Salvador||Mon 5:16 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||ESE|
|Brasilia *||Mon 6:16 PM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 5:16 PM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||NE|
|Recife||Mon 5:16 PM||1028 km||639 miles||555 nm||ENE|
|Belém||Mon 5:16 PM||1095 km||680 miles||591 nm||NNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 6:16 PM||1407 km||874 miles||760 nm||S|
|São Paulo *||Mon 6:16 PM||1496 km||929 miles||808 nm||S|
|Cayenne||Mon 5:16 PM||1920 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||NNW|
|Manaus||Mon 4:16 PM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.