Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 01:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 01:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.67 meters/second, 1593.6 km/hour, 990.2 miles/hour or 860.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.50 mi||west||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||north||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 21.9"||990.19 mi||west||0° 10' 48.6"||12.38 mi||north||990.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 40.6"||788.06 mi||east||4° 26' 28.5"||305.22 mi||north||849.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Mon 5:32 PM||2009 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 8:32 PM||2296 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Mon 3:32 PM||3257 km||2024 miles||1759 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 7:32 PM||3562 km||2213 miles||1923 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Mon 7:32 PM||3960 km||2460 miles||2138 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Mon 7:32 PM||4249 km||2640 miles||2294 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 3:32 PM||4254 km||2643 miles||2297 nm||WNW|
|San Salvador||Mon 7:32 PM||4307 km||2676 miles||2326 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 3:32 PM||4391 km||2728 miles||2371 nm||WSW|
|Managua||Mon 7:32 PM||4484 km||2786 miles||2421 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.