Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 02:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.82 meters/second, 1594.1 km/hour, 990.6 miles/hour or 860.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 24.4"||990.45 mi||West||0° 10' 49.8"||12.40 mi||North||990.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 50.5"||787.28 mi||East||4° 26' 45.4"||305.52 mi||North||848.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Mon 6:06 PM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 4:06 PM||2448 km||1521 miles||1322 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 9:06 PM||2829 km||1758 miles||1527 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:06 PM||3417 km||2123 miles||1845 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:06 PM||3595 km||2234 miles||1941 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Mon 8:06 PM||4526 km||2812 miles||2444 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Mon 3:06 PM||4581 km||2846 miles||2473 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 4:06 PM||4654 km||2892 miles||2513 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Tue 4:06 PM||4732 km||2941 miles||2555 nm||W|
|Los Angeles||Mon 6:06 PM||4914 km||3053 miles||2653 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.