Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 02:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.89 meters/second, 1594.4 km/hour, 990.7 miles/hour or 860.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.6"||990.61 mi||West||0° 10' 50.2"||12.41 mi||North||990.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 26.3"||786.93 mi||East||4° 26' 53.5"||305.67 mi||North||848.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 4:52 PM||775 km||482 miles||419 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 6:22 PM||1775 km||1103 miles||958 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 4:22 PM||2069 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:22 PM||3018 km||1876 miles||1630 nm||WNW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 9:22 PM||3136 km||1949 miles||1693 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:22 PM||3216 km||1999 miles||1737 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 3:22 PM||4180 km||2597 miles||2257 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:22 PM||4256 km||2644 miles||2298 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 4:22 PM||4315 km||2681 miles||2330 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 4:22 PM||4370 km||2715 miles||2360 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.