Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 02:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 02:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.89 meters/second, 1594.4 km/hour, 990.7 miles/hour or 860.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.51 mi||west||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||north||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.6"||990.61 mi||west||0° 10' 50.2"||12.41 mi||north||990.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 26.3"||786.93 mi||east||4° 26' 53.5"||305.67 mi||north||848.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 4:52 PM||775 km||482 miles||419 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 6:22 PM||1775 km||1103 miles||958 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 4:22 PM||2069 km||1286 miles||1117 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:22 PM||3018 km||1876 miles||1630 nm||WNW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 9:22 PM||3136 km||1949 miles||1693 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:22 PM||3216 km||1999 miles||1737 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 3:22 PM||4180 km||2597 miles||2257 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:22 PM||4259 km||2646 miles||2300 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 4:22 PM||4315 km||2681 miles||2330 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 4:22 PM||4370 km||2715 miles||2360 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.