Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 02:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.93 meters/second, 1594.6 km/hour, 990.8 miles/hour or 861.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 26.4"||990.71 mi||West||0° 10' 50.6"||12.42 mi||North||991.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 11.2"||786.71 mi||East||4° 26' 58.4"||305.77 mi||North||847.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 5:02 PM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 6:32 PM||1832 km||1138 miles||989 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Mon 4:32 PM||1840 km||1143 miles||994 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:32 PM||2774 km||1724 miles||1498 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:32 PM||2985 km||1854 miles||1612 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 9:32 PM||3339 km||2075 miles||1803 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Mon 3:32 PM||3931 km||2443 miles||2123 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:32 PM||3990 km||2480 miles||2155 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 4:32 PM||4055 km||2520 miles||2189 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 4:32 PM||4204 km||2612 miles||2270 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.