Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 02:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.97 meters/second, 1594.7 km/hour, 990.9 miles/hour or 861.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 27.1"||990.80 mi||West||0° 10' 50.9"||12.43 mi||North||991.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 56.2"||786.49 mi||East||4° 27' 03.4"||305.86 mi||North||847.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 5:12 PM||244 km||151 miles||132 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 4:42 PM||1621 km||1008 miles||876 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Mon 6:42 PM||1921 km||1194 miles||1037 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:42 PM||2534 km||1575 miles||1368 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:42 PM||2757 km||1713 miles||1489 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 9:42 PM||3548 km||2205 miles||1916 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Mon 3:42 PM||3683 km||2289 miles||1989 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:42 PM||3725 km||2315 miles||2012 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 4:42 PM||3795 km||2358 miles||2049 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 4:42 PM||4049 km||2516 miles||2186 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.