Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 03:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 03:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.19 meters/second, 1595.5 km/hour, 991.4 miles/hour or 861.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 30.7"||991.30 mi||west||0° 10' 52.6"||12.46 mi||north||991.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 39.8"||785.37 mi||east||4° 27' 28.1"||306.33 mi||north||846.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 5:32 PM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:32 PM||1471 km||914 miles||794 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:32 PM||1738 km||1080 miles||938 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:32 PM||2373 km||1474 miles||1281 nm||W|
|Alofi||Mon 4:32 PM||2454 km||1525 miles||1325 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 5:32 PM||2472 km||1536 miles||1335 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:32 PM||2732 km||1697 miles||1475 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:32 PM||3052 km||1897 miles||1648 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:32 PM||3143 km||1953 miles||1697 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:32 PM||3425 km||2128 miles||1850 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.