Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 3:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 03:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.19 meters/second, 1595.5 km/hour, 991.4 miles/hour or 861.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 30.6"||991.29 mi||West||0° 10' 52.5"||12.46 mi||North||991.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 41.5"||785.40 mi||East||4° 27' 27.7"||306.32 mi||North||846.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Mon 5:32 PM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Mon 5:32 PM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:32 PM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:32 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:32 PM||2399 km||1491 miles||1295 nm||W|
|Alofi||Mon 4:32 PM||2480 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 5:32 PM||2501 km||1554 miles||1350 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:32 PM||2710 km||1684 miles||1463 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:32 PM||3078 km||1913 miles||1662 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:32 PM||3171 km||1971 miles||1712 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.