Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 6:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 06:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.84 meters/second, 1597.8 km/hour, 992.8 miles/hour or 862.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.7"||992.73 mi||West||0° 10' 57.2"||12.55 mi||North||993.05 mi|
|24 hours||348° 34' 02.8"||782.12 mi||West||4° 28' 36.0"||307.62 mi||North||843.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Tue 6:06 PM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||E|
|Tarawa||Tue 6:06 PM||1099 km||683 miles||593 nm||N|
|Yaren||Tue 6:06 PM||1135 km||706 miles||613 nm||NW|
|Port Vila||Tue 5:06 PM||1159 km||720 miles||626 nm||SSW|
|Suva *||Tue 7:06 PM||1196 km||743 miles||646 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Tue 5:06 PM||1480 km||920 miles||799 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Mon 6:06 PM||1480 km||920 miles||799 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 7:06 PM||1698 km||1055 miles||917 nm||E|
|Apia *||Tue 8:06 PM||1724 km||1072 miles||931 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Tue 6:06 PM||1740 km||1081 miles||939 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.