Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 6:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 06:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.04 meters/second, 1598.5 kilometres/hour, 993.3 miles/hour or 863.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.2"||993.19 mi||West||0° 10' 58.6"||12.57 mi||North||993.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 46.2"||781.08 mi||East||4° 28' 56.3"||308.01 mi||North||843.03 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Tue 5:56 PM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||SW|
|Gizo||Tue 5:56 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||W|
|Arawa||Tue 4:56 PM||675 km||419 miles||364 nm||WNW|
|Luganville||Tue 5:56 PM||1018 km||633 miles||550 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 6:56 PM||1066 km||663 miles||576 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Tue 5:56 PM||1287 km||800 miles||695 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 4:56 PM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Tue 6:56 PM||1691 km||1050 miles||913 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Tue 5:56 PM||1725 km||1072 miles||931 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Tue 4:56 PM||1932 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.