Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 06:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 06:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.04 meters/second, 1598.6 km/hour, 993.3 miles/hour or 863.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.55 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.3"||993.20 mi||west||0° 10' 58.6"||12.57 mi||north||993.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 44.7"||781.05 mi||east||4° 28' 56.7"||308.01 mi||north||843.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Tue 5:56 PM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||SW|
|Gizo||Tue 5:56 PM||461 km||286 miles||249 nm||W|
|Arawa||Tue 4:56 PM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||WNW|
|Buka||Tue 4:56 PM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Tue 6:56 PM||1084 km||674 miles||586 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Tue 5:56 PM||1304 km||810 miles||704 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 4:56 PM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Tue 6:56 PM||1713 km||1065 miles||925 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Tue 5:56 PM||1718 km||1068 miles||928 nm||N|
|Cairns||Tue 4:56 PM||1906 km||1185 miles||1029 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.