Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 07:16:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 07:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.12 meters/second, 1598.8 km/hour, 993.5 miles/hour or 863.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.56 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.6"||993.38 mi||west||0° 10' 59.2"||12.58 mi||north||993.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 16.5"||780.64 mi||east||4° 29' 04.6"||308.16 mi||north||842.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gizo||Tue 6:16 PM||76 km||47 miles||41 nm||ENE|
|Arawa||Tue 5:16 PM||239 km||148 miles||129 nm||NNW|
|Buka||Tue 5:16 PM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Tue 6:16 PM||434 km||269 miles||234 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 5:16 PM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||W|
|Yaren||Tue 7:16 PM||1468 km||912 miles||792 nm||NE|
|Cairns||Tue 5:16 PM||1479 km||919 miles||798 nm||SW|
|Port Vila||Tue 6:16 PM||1679 km||1043 miles||906 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Tue 6:16 PM||1697 km||1054 miles||916 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Tue 4:16 PM||1829 km||1136 miles||987 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.