Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 7:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 07:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.18 meters/second, 1599.1 km/hour, 993.6 miles/hour or 863.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.6"||993.52 mi||West||0° 10' 59.6"||12.59 mi||North||993.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 55.8"||780.33 mi||East||4° 29' 10.2"||308.27 mi||North||842.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Tue 5:32 PM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||NE|
|Arawa||Tue 5:32 PM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||NE|
|Gizo||Tue 6:32 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Tue 5:32 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||WSW|
|Lae||Tue 5:32 PM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Tue 6:32 PM||821 km||510 miles||444 nm||E|
|Cairns||Tue 5:32 PM||1211 km||752 miles||654 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Tue 4:32 PM||1459 km||907 miles||788 nm||WNW|
|Palikir||Tue 6:32 PM||1788 km||1111 miles||966 nm||NNE|
|Yaren||Tue 7:32 PM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.