Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 8:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 08:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.32 meters/second, 1599.5 km/hour, 993.9 miles/hour or 863.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.0"||993.82 mi||West||0° 11' 00.5"||12.61 mi||North||994.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 08.5"||779.64 mi||East||4° 29' 23.0"||308.51 mi||North||841.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Tue 6:06 PM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||N|
|Lae||Tue 6:06 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||ENE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 6:06 PM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Tue 5:06 PM||740 km||460 miles||400 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Tue 6:06 PM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Tue 5:06 PM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Tue 5:36 PM||1555 km||966 miles||840 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Tue 7:06 PM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Tue 5:06 PM||2040 km||1267 miles||1101 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Tue 5:36 PM||2052 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.