Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 8:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 08:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.38 meters/second, 1599.8 km/hour, 994.1 miles/hour or 863.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.0"||993.96 mi||West||0° 11' 00.9"||12.62 mi||North||994.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 46.3"||779.31 mi||East||4° 29' 28.8"||308.63 mi||North||841.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Tue 6:22 PM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Tue 5:22 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||N|
|Lae||Tue 6:22 PM||733 km||456 miles||396 nm||ENE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 6:22 PM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||ESE|
|Manokwari||Tue 5:22 PM||1071 km||666 miles||578 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Tue 6:22 PM||1133 km||704 miles||612 nm||SSE|
|Darwin||Tue 5:52 PM||1161 km||722 miles||627 nm||WSW|
|Dili||Tue 5:22 PM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||W|
|Melekeok||Tue 5:22 PM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Tue 5:52 PM||1866 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.