Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 8:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 08:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.42 meters/second, 1599.9 km/hour, 994.1 miles/hour or 863.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.7"||994.05 mi||West||0° 11' 01.2"||12.62 mi||North||994.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 32.7"||779.11 mi||East||4° 29' 32.5"||308.69 mi||North||841.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Tue 5:32 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||NNE|
|Mount Hagen||Tue 6:32 PM||723 km||449 miles||391 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Tue 5:32 PM||912 km||567 miles||492 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Tue 6:02 PM||929 km||577 miles||502 nm||WSW|
|Lae||Tue 6:32 PM||995 km||619 miles||538 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Tue 6:32 PM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||E|
|Cairns||Tue 6:32 PM||1288 km||801 miles||696 nm||SE|
|Dili||Tue 5:32 PM||1377 km||856 miles||743 nm||W|
|Melekeok||Tue 5:32 PM||1763 km||1096 miles||952 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Tue 6:02 PM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.