Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 8:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 08:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.46 meters/second, 1600.1 km/hour, 994.2 miles/hour or 864.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.3"||994.14 mi||West||0° 11' 01.4"||12.63 mi||North||994.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 19.0"||778.91 mi||East||4° 29' 36.0"||308.76 mi||North||841.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Tue 6:12 PM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||SW|
|Manokwari||Tue 5:42 PM||812 km||505 miles||439 nm||NNW|
|Jayapura||Tue 5:42 PM||827 km||514 miles||446 nm||NE|
|Ambon||Tue 5:42 PM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||WNW|
|Mount Hagen||Tue 6:42 PM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||ENE|
|Baucau||Tue 5:42 PM||1014 km||630 miles||548 nm||W|
|Dili||Tue 5:42 PM||1111 km||690 miles||600 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Tue 6:42 PM||1279 km||795 miles||691 nm||E|
|Cairns||Tue 6:42 PM||1475 km||916 miles||796 nm||SE|
|Manado||Tue 4:42 PM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.