Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 14:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.82 meters/second, 1605.0 km/hour, 997.3 miles/hour or 866.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 16.5"||997.19 mi||West||0° 11' 09.9"||12.79 mi||North||997.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 17.7"||771.75 mi||East||4° 31' 22.0"||310.77 mi||North||834.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mutsamudu||Tue 5:52 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||SSW|
|Moroni||Tue 5:52 PM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||SSW|
|Fomboni||Tue 5:52 PM||651 km||404 miles||351 nm||SSW|
|Mamoutzou||Tue 5:52 PM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||S|
|Dar es Salaam||Tue 5:52 PM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||W|
|Zanzibar City||Tue 5:52 PM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||W|
|Mombasa||Tue 5:52 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||WNW|
|Pemba||Tue 4:52 PM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||SW|
|Mogadishu||Tue 5:52 PM||992 km||616 miles||536 nm||N|
|Garissa||Tue 5:52 PM||1013 km||629 miles||547 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.