Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 3:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 15:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.99 meters/second, 1605.6 kilometres/hour, 997.7 miles/hour or 866.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.5"||997.57 mi||West||0° 11' 10.8"||12.80 mi||North||997.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 16.5"||770.84 mi||East||4° 31' 32.5"||310.97 mi||North||833.78 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dodoma||Tue 6:42 PM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||ENE|
|Tabora||Tue 6:42 PM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||NW|
|Mbeya||Tue 6:42 PM||247 km||154 miles||134 nm||SSW|
|Karonga||Tue 5:42 PM||353 km||220 miles||191 nm||S|
|Arusha||Tue 6:42 PM||474 km||294 miles||256 nm||NE|
|Mwanza||Tue 6:42 PM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||NNW|
|Kasama||Tue 5:42 PM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||SW|
|Mzuzu||Tue 5:42 PM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||S|
|Rutana||Tue 5:42 PM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||NW|
|Ruyigi||Tue 5:42 PM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.