Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 5:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 17:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.33 meters/second, 1606.8 km/hour, 998.4 miles/hour or 867.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.6"||998.32 mi||West||0° 11' 12.7"||12.84 mi||North||998.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 14.9"||769.00 mi||East||4° 31' 51.2"||311.33 mi||North||832.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cabinda||Tue 6:24 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||ENE|
|Pointe-Noire||Tue 6:24 PM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||ENE|
|Dolisie||Tue 6:24 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||ENE|
|Luanda||Tue 6:24 PM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||ESE|
|Port-Gentil||Tue 6:24 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||N|
|Uíge||Tue 6:24 PM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||ESE|
|Brazzaville||Tue 6:24 PM||701 km||436 miles||378 nm||ENE|
|Kinshasa||Tue 6:24 PM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||ENE|
|Franceville||Tue 6:24 PM||709 km||441 miles||383 nm||NE|
|Libreville||Tue 6:24 PM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.