Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 19:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 19:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.73 meters/second, 1608.2 km/hour, 999.3 miles/hour or 868.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.3"||999.23 mi||west||0° 11' 14.8"||12.88 mi||north||999.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 46.5"||766.75 mi||east||4° 32' 09.7"||311.68 mi||north||829.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Tue 4:32 PM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||W|
|Monrovia||Tue 7:32 PM||1840 km||1143 miles||994 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Tue 4:32 PM||1865 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||W|
|Freetown||Tue 7:32 PM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Tue 7:32 PM||1944 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||NNE|
|Salvador||Tue 4:32 PM||1973 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||WSW|
|Jamestown||Tue 7:32 PM||2080 km||1292 miles||1123 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Tue 7:32 PM||2098 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||NNE|
|Banjul||Tue 7:32 PM||2233 km||1387 miles||1206 nm||NNE|
|Praia||Tue 6:32 PM||2322 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.