Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 20:06:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 20:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.83 meters/second, 1608.6 km/hour, 999.5 miles/hour or 868.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 35.3"||999.53 mi||west||0° 11' 15.3"||12.89 mi||north||999.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 08.4"||766.23 mi||east||4° 32' 13.7"||311.77 mi||north||829.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Tue 6:06 PM||336 km||209 miles||181 nm||NW|
|Natal||Tue 5:06 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||W|
|Recife||Tue 5:06 PM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 5:06 PM||966 km||600 miles||521 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Tue 5:06 PM||1202 km||747 miles||649 nm||SW|
|Belém||Tue 5:06 PM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Tue 6:06 PM||2223 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Tue 6:06 PM||2349 km||1460 miles||1268 nm||SW|
|Praia||Tue 7:06 PM||2417 km||1502 miles||1305 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Tue 8:06 PM||2462 km||1530 miles||1329 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.