Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 20:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 20:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.94 meters/second, 1609.0 km/hour, 999.8 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.21 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 37.3"||999.77 mi||west||0° 11' 15.8"||12.90 mi||north||1000.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 28.6"||765.62 mi||east||4° 32' 17.3"||311.84 mi||north||828.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Juàzeiro do Norte||Tue 5:42 PM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||SSW|
|Mossoró||Tue 5:42 PM||187 km||116 miles||101 nm||ENE|
|Fortaleza||Tue 5:42 PM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||N|
|Natal||Tue 5:42 PM||401 km||249 miles||216 nm||E|
|Recife||Tue 5:42 PM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||ESE|
|Maceió||Tue 5:42 PM||549 km||341 miles||297 nm||SE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Tue 6:42 PM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||ENE|
|Salvador||Tue 5:42 PM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||S|
|Belém||Tue 5:42 PM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Tue 6:42 PM||1480 km||920 miles||799 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.