Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 8:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 20:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.94 meters/second, 1609.0 km/hour, 999.8 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.21 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 37.3"||999.69 mi||West||0° 11' 15.8"||12.90 mi||North||999.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 29.8"||765.59 mi||East||4° 32' 17.2"||311.82 mi||North||828.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mossoró||Tue 5:42 PM||155 km||96 miles||83 nm||ENE|
|Juàzeiro do Norte||Tue 5:42 PM||175 km||109 miles||95 nm||SSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 5:42 PM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||N|
|Natal||Tue 5:42 PM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||E|
|Recife||Tue 5:42 PM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||ESE|
|Maceió||Tue 5:42 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||SE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Tue 6:42 PM||717 km||446 miles||387 nm||ENE|
|Salvador||Tue 5:42 PM||794 km||493 miles||429 nm||S|
|Belém||Tue 5:42 PM||1198 km||744 miles||647 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Tue 6:42 PM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.