Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 1:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 01:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.67 meters/second, 1611.6 kilometres/hour, 1001.4 miles/hour or 870.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.7"||1001.33 mi||West||0° 11' 19.0"||12.96 mi||North||1001.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 52.7"||761.32 mi||East||4° 32' 31.4"||312.08 mi||North||824.49 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 7:06 PM||1505 km||935 miles||813 nm||ENE|
|Acapulco||Tue 7:06 PM||2433 km||1512 miles||1314 nm||N|
|Guayaquil||Tue 8:06 PM||2532 km||1573 miles||1367 nm||E|
|San Salvador||Tue 7:06 PM||2537 km||1576 miles||1370 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Tue 7:06 PM||2539 km||1578 miles||1371 nm||NNE|
|Easter Island *||Tue 8:06 PM||2551 km||1585 miles||1377 nm||SSW|
|Managua||Tue 7:06 PM||2613 km||1624 miles||1411 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Tue 7:06 PM||2627 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Tue 7:06 PM||2704 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||NE|
|Quito||Tue 8:06 PM||2721 km||1690 miles||1469 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.