Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 01:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 01:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.74 meters/second, 1611.8 km/hour, 1001.6 miles/hour or 870.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 53.0"||1001.48 mi||west||0° 11' 19.2"||12.96 mi||north||1001.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 26.8"||760.92 mi||east||4° 32' 31.4"||312.08 mi||north||824.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 7:32 PM||2181 km||1355 miles||1178 nm||E|
|Easter Island *||Tue 8:32 PM||2456 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||S|
|Acapulco||Tue 7:32 PM||2596 km||1613 miles||1402 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Tue 7:32 PM||2892 km||1797 miles||1561 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 7:32 PM||2954 km||1836 miles||1595 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Tue 7:32 PM||2988 km||1857 miles||1614 nm||NE|
|Managua||Tue 7:32 PM||3129 km||1944 miles||1689 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Tue 7:32 PM||3176 km||1974 miles||1715 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Tue 5:32 PM||3186 km||1980 miles||1720 nm||SW|
|San Jose||Tue 7:32 PM||3196 km||1986 miles||1726 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.