Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 01:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 01:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.74 meters/second, 1611.9 km/hour, 1001.6 miles/hour or 870.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 53.1"||1001.56 mi||west||0° 11' 19.2"||12.97 mi||north||1001.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 25.7"||760.96 mi||east||4° 32' 31.4"||312.11 mi||north||824.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 7:32 PM||2211 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||E|
|Easter Island *||Tue 8:32 PM||2456 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||S|
|Acapulco||Tue 7:32 PM||2607 km||1620 miles||1408 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Tue 7:32 PM||2903 km||1804 miles||1567 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 7:32 PM||2975 km||1848 miles||1606 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Tue 7:32 PM||3010 km||1870 miles||1625 nm||NE|
|Managua||Tue 7:32 PM||3152 km||1959 miles||1702 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Tue 5:32 PM||3166 km||1967 miles||1709 nm||SW|
|Tegucigalpa||Tue 7:32 PM||3199 km||1988 miles||1727 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Tue 7:32 PM||3222 km||2002 miles||1740 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.