Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 1:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 01:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.74 meters/second, 1611.8 km/hour, 1001.6 miles/hour or 870.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 53.0"||1001.48 mi||West||0° 11' 19.2"||12.96 mi||North||1001.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 26.8"||760.92 mi||East||4° 32' 31.4"||312.08 mi||North||824.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 7:32 PM||2181 km||1355 miles||1178 nm||E|
|Easter Island *||Tue 8:32 PM||2456 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||S|
|Acapulco||Tue 7:32 PM||2600 km||1615 miles||1404 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Tue 7:32 PM||2892 km||1797 miles||1561 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 7:32 PM||2954 km||1836 miles||1595 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Tue 7:32 PM||2988 km||1857 miles||1614 nm||NE|
|Managua||Tue 7:32 PM||3129 km||1944 miles||1689 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Tue 7:32 PM||3180 km||1976 miles||1717 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Tue 5:32 PM||3186 km||1980 miles||1720 nm||SW|
|San Jose||Tue 7:32 PM||3196 km||1986 miles||1726 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.