Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 01:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 01:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.79 meters/second, 1612.0 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 54.0"||1001.60 mi||west||0° 11' 19.4"||12.97 mi||north||1001.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 07.1"||760.61 mi||east||4° 32' 31.4"||312.08 mi||north||823.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Tue 8:52 PM||2505 km||1556 miles||1352 nm||S|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 7:52 PM||2710 km||1684 miles||1463 nm||E|
|Adamstown||Tue 5:52 PM||2846 km||1768 miles||1537 nm||SW|
|Mexico City||Tue 7:52 PM||3120 km||1939 miles||1685 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 7:52 PM||3338 km||2074 miles||1802 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Tue 7:52 PM||3393 km||2108 miles||1832 nm||NE|
|Managua||Tue 7:52 PM||3567 km||2217 miles||1926 nm||ENE|
|Tegucigalpa||Tue 7:52 PM||3591 km||2231 miles||1939 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Tue 7:52 PM||3664 km||2277 miles||1979 nm||ENE|
|Belmopan||Tue 7:52 PM||3668 km||2279 miles||1981 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.