Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 02:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 02:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.86 meters/second, 1612.3 km/hour, 1001.8 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 55.7"||1001.84 mi||west||0° 11' 19.7"||12.97 mi||north||1002.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 36.6"||760.19 mi||east||4° 32' 31.1"||312.10 mi||north||823.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Tue 6:22 PM||2443 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 9:22 PM||2776 km||1725 miles||1499 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Tue 4:22 PM||3399 km||2112 miles||1835 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 8:22 PM||3538 km||2198 miles||1910 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Tue 8:22 PM||3603 km||2239 miles||1946 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 7:22 PM||3897 km||2422 miles||2104 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 8:22 PM||4004 km||2488 miles||2162 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Tue 8:22 PM||4081 km||2536 miles||2204 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:22 PM||4085 km||2538 miles||2206 nm||W|
|Tegucigalpa||Tue 8:22 PM||4290 km||2665 miles||2316 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.