Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 2:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 02:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.89 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 56.0"||1001.82 mi||West||0° 11' 19.8"||12.97 mi||North||1002.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 28.0"||760.00 mi||East||4° 32' 31.0"||312.07 mi||North||823.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Tue 6:32 PM||2366 km||1470 miles||1277 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 9:32 PM||2889 km||1795 miles||1560 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Tue 4:32 PM||3189 km||1981 miles||1722 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Tue 8:32 PM||3763 km||2338 miles||2032 nm||NE|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 8:32 PM||3775 km||2346 miles||2038 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:32 PM||3849 km||2392 miles||2078 nm||W|
|Hermosillo||Tue 7:32 PM||3968 km||2465 miles||2142 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 8:32 PM||4205 km||2613 miles||2270 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Tue 8:32 PM||4288 km||2664 miles||2315 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 6:32 PM||4323 km||2686 miles||2334 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.