Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 03:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 03:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.03 meters/second, 1612.9 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 59.2"||1002.14 mi||west||0° 11' 20.3"||12.98 mi||north||1002.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 30.5"||759.11 mi||east||4° 32' 29.3"||312.04 mi||north||822.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 6:02 PM||527 km||327 miles||284 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Tue 5:32 PM||1922 km||1194 miles||1038 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:32 PM||2276 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Tue 7:32 PM||2421 km||1504 miles||1307 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 5:32 PM||3003 km||1866 miles||1621 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:32 PM||3594 km||2233 miles||1941 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:32 PM||3722 km||2313 miles||2010 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 4:32 PM||3832 km||2381 miles||2069 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 5:32 PM||3859 km||2398 miles||2084 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 10:32 PM||3927 km||2440 miles||2121 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.