Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 3:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 03:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.03 meters/second, 1612.9 kilometres/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 59.2"||1002.14 mi||West||0° 11' 20.3"||12.98 mi||North||1002.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 30.5"||759.11 mi||East||4° 32' 29.3"||312.04 mi||North||822.20 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 6:02 PM||527 km||327 miles||284 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Tue 5:32 PM||1922 km||1194 miles||1038 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:32 PM||2276 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Tue 7:32 PM||2421 km||1504 miles||1307 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 5:32 PM||3003 km||1866 miles||1621 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:32 PM||3594 km||2233 miles||1941 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:32 PM||3719 km||2311 miles||2008 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 4:32 PM||3833 km||2381 miles||2069 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 5:32 PM||3859 km||2398 miles||2084 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 10:32 PM||3927 km||2440 miles||2121 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.