Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 5:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 05:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.29 meters/second, 1613.8 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 04.7"||1002.72 mi||West||0° 11' 21.1"||13.00 mi||North||1002.92 mi|
|24 hours||10° 58' 46.9"||757.47 mi||East||4° 32' 23.0"||311.92 mi||North||820.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Wed 6:24 PM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:24 PM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 7:24 PM||1084 km||673 miles||585 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Wed 7:24 PM||1301 km||809 miles||703 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:24 PM||1364 km||847 miles||736 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Tue 6:24 PM||1731 km||1075 miles||934 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 5:24 PM||1810 km||1124 miles||977 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 7:24 PM||1971 km||1225 miles||1064 nm||SSE|
|Nukualofa||Wed 6:24 PM||2177 km||1353 miles||1175 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Tue 7:24 PM||2241 km||1393 miles||1210 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.