Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 11:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 11:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.98 meters/second, 1616.3 km/hour, 1004.3 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.0"||1004.28 mi||West||0° 11' 22.4"||13.02 mi||North||1004.45 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 45.2"||752.63 mi||East||4° 31' 36.2"||311.02 mi||North||815.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pangkal Pinang||Wed 6:24 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||WNW|
|Palembang||Wed 6:24 PM||334 km||208 miles||181 nm||W|
|Jakarta||Wed 6:24 PM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||SSW|
|Bekasi||Wed 6:24 PM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||SSW|
|Pontianak||Wed 6:24 PM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||NNE|
|Bandar Lampung||Wed 6:24 PM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||SW|
|Serang||Wed 6:24 PM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||SSW|
|Bogor||Wed 6:24 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||SSW|
|Cirebon||Wed 6:24 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||SSE|
|Bandung||Wed 6:24 PM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.