Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 11:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 11:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.99 meters/second, 1616.3 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.1"||1004.29 mi||west||0° 11' 22.4"||13.02 mi||north||1004.46 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 44.4"||752.61 mi||east||4° 31' 35.9"||311.02 mi||north||815.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pangkal Pinang||Wed 6:24 PM||183 km||114 miles||99 nm||WNW|
|Palembang||Wed 6:24 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||W|
|Jakarta||Wed 6:24 PM||353 km||219 miles||190 nm||SSW|
|Bekasi||Wed 6:24 PM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||S|
|Bandar Lampung||Wed 6:24 PM||362 km||225 miles||196 nm||SW|
|Serang||Wed 6:24 PM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||SSW|
|Pontianak||Wed 6:24 PM||390 km||242 miles||211 nm||NNE|
|Bogor||Wed 6:24 PM||400 km||249 miles||216 nm||SSW|
|Cirebon||Wed 6:24 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||SSE|
|Bandung||Wed 6:24 PM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.